Last Updated on December 11, 2021 by Muhammad Junaid Khalid
Without going into some boring introduction, let’s dive straight into the list of the top 7 best data recovery software! You can use any one of these best data recovery tools to recover your data.
#7 Undelete 360
Undelete 360 is one of the best file recovery software that allows file recovery from hard disks, USB flash drives, SD cards, and floppy disks. It has a reliable and efficient data recovery mechanism. Both files and folders can be recovered with undelete 360. Some of its salient features are;
- It can recover the files deleted by some third-party applications.
- Permanently deleted files can also be recovered.
- Files deleted from the command line can also be retrieved using undelete 360.
- It can recover deleted files from USB flash drives.
Recuva comes with both free and paid versions. Recuva allows you to recover data from the formatted disk. It has a user-friendly interface. It’s one of the best data recovery tools that work only on the Windows operating system.
Recuva data recovery software can be used to recover deleted files from hard drives, SD cards, mobile phones, mp3 players, and USB drives. It can retrieve audio, video, pictures, and various types of document files. Recuva also has the secure deletion function in which data can be deleted by several overwrites. Some of its salient features are;
- Recuva comes with an efficient recovery mechanism and can scan the selected drive deeply.
- Emails can be recovered by using the advanced mode in Recuva.
- Files lost by accidental restarting of the pc can be recovered such as unsaved .doc, .txt files.
- It can also recover files from any mp3 player.
- It has a portable version that can be run from a USB drive.
#5 Active File Recovery
Active file recovery is another best file recovery software that has both free and paid versions. It is one of the most cost-effective data recovery software with robust data retrieving abilities. Some of its salient features are;
- Active file recovery can recover files from formatted or damaged drives.
- Files accidentally deleted from the recycle bin can be recovered.
- Active file recovery can retrieve and repair files deleted or damaged by viruses or malware with some limitations.
- It also can retrieve data deleted from SD cards, USB drives, and deleted disk partitions.
- It is only available for Windows OS.
#4 Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery software is another one of the best data recovery tools that come with both free and paid versions. It has a user-friendly interface and can perform a quick scan of your drives. As the scanning is fast, so you are right to think that it lacks deep scanning capability. It supports a wide range of file systems. Some of its salient features are;
- It can recover files from formatted drives, and data lost due to system recovery and crashes.
- Wise data recovery can retrieve files from hard disks, USB flash drives, SD cards, mp3 players, and mobile phones.
- It has a fast scanning mechanism.
- Wise data recovery is only available for Windows OS. It works on all Windows versions (from XP to Windows 10)
#3 OnTrack EasyRecovery
OnTrack EasyRecovery comes with both free and paid versions. It can recover data from a wide range of devices, i.e., SSD hard drives, USB drives, digital camera, RAID volumes, and optical media (CD, DVD, Blu Ray Disc, HFS, HFS+, HFSX, Rock Ridge, ISO 9660, Joliet, and UDF).
OnTrack EasyRecovey has an extraordinary recovery mechanism and supported various file systems such as exFAT, FAT, HFS, HFS+, and NTFS, etc. The software provider claims fast and deep scanning capability. This is why we list it as one of the best data recovery software. Some of its salient features are;
- OnTrack EasyRecovery can repair damaged photos and videos.
- It can recover lost data from inaccessible or corrupt RAID volumes (0, 5, and 6).
- Recovers data from damaged, deleted, or reformatted drives.
- It has the pause and resume capability of the recovery process. You can pause the process and resume later.
- It is also compatible with iPhones and iPad.
- OnTrack EasyRecovery is a comprehensive data recovery software.
- It comes with both Windows and Mac versions. There is a separate version for iPhone as well. This flexibility is another reason for categorizing OnTrack EasyRecovey as the best file recovery software.
#2 Stellar Data Recovery
For advanced users and businesses, Stellar Data Recovery software is the best data recovery software. It comes with both free and paid versions and is one of the best data recovery tools. It has a wide range of separate tools for Windows and Mac, making it one of the best data recovery software in the market.
These tools include Stellar Data Recovery, Stellar Data Recovery for Mac, Stellar Photo Recovery, Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac, Stellar Photo Repair, Stellar Repair for Photo for Mac, Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone, Stellar Password Recovery, Stellar Password Recovery for Server, Stellar Drive Clone, Stellar Drive Clone, Stellar Converter for Audio Video, Stellar Repair for Word, Stellar SpeedUp Mac, and Stellar Partition Manager. Stellar data recovery software can recover data from laptops, USB drives, SD cards, servers, mobile, etc.
The software provider claims to support the recovery of more than 300 file types. Some of its salient features are;
- Stellar data recovery can retrieve files from damaged, inaccessible, and corrupt drives.
- Stellar Repair for Photo can repair photos damaged by a virus infection, failed transfer operation, or power outage. It also recovers multiple phptps.
- Stellar photo recovery can retrieve lost photos, audio, and video files.
- Can recover emails from MS Outlook and MS express data files.
- Stellar Repair for Video can repair damaged or broken video files.
- Stellar Password Recovery can recover user names, domain names, and passwords. It can reset passwords to the Windows 7, Vista, and XP administrators, retrieve license keys of registered Microsoft applications.
- It can also recover passwords for various email clients, FTP clients, web browsers, and chat messengers installed on a computer.
- Stellar drive clones can develop clones of the hard disks and resize the partitions.
- Stellar repair for pdf and word can repair and recover pdf files from CD, DVD, USB drives, hard disks, and SD cards.
#1 EaseUS Data Recovery
EaseUS data recovery software has both a free and paid version. Among all the data recovery tools, it has the most generous features in its free version. You can restore 2 GB of data with its free version.
The software provider claims to recover data from all scenarios. EaseUS Data Recovery is undoubtedly the best data recovery software for Windows users. We list it as the best file recovery software because you can retrieve more than 100 file types from this, including various documents, pictures, video, audio, and email file formats.
There is a big list of supported devices like hard drive, SSD, USB drive, micro card, mps3 player, RAID, pen drive, zip drive, digital camera, and many more. In short, the EaseUS Data Recovery wizard is an All-in-one data recovery solution. Some of its salient features are;
- Can recover the files deleted by Shift+Delete without backup.
- It can recover permanently deleted files from the recycle bin.
- Data recovery from formatted disk, raw partition, crashed system, or even after Windows reinstallation.
- It can also recover data after restoring factory settings, deleted partition, data lost by virus attack, or inaccessible drives.
EaseUS Data Recovery and Stellar Data Recovery are the two software that most professionals use. They provide a complete solution to all the data recovery issues. In this article, we listed the best file recovery software or data recovery software. You can use any one of this software to recover your files.
Note: Does this article provide the info you’re looking for? Is there any information you think of missing? You can give your opinion in the comments section below.
If you like this tutorial, share this post and spread the knowledge by clicking on the social media options below because “Sharing is caring”