Ready to move from Android to iOS? Here’s the tutorial on how to transfer data from Android to iPhone – your contacts, messages, photos, and more. If you are switching from Android to iPhone, you’ll need Android version 4.0 or later and an iPhone 5 or later running iOS 9 or later.
How to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone
Before data transfer to iPhone, plug your devices into power and turn them on. On your Android device, check to see that Wi-Fi is turned on and turn off cellular data.
You should make sure that the amount of data you want to transfer will fit on your new iPhone. To move from Android to iOS, you’ll also need to download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store on your Android device.
It’s best not to set up your iPhone before this switching process. If you’ve already set it up, you’ll need to erase it and start over. If you don’t want to erase it, you can move your content over manually.
Since switching from Android to iPhone take a while, and you can’t use the devices while it’s in process, you might want to do it at night.
All right! Let’s move from Android to iOS:
- First, follow the onscreen instructions on your iPhone to start setting it up. When you get to the Apps & Data screen, tap Move Data from Android.
- Now, open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and tap Continue. If you agree to the Terms and Conditions, tap Agree. Then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
- Now in your iPhone, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
- If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak internet connection, you can ignore this. Now enter the code on your Android device and wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
- Next, select the content that you want to transfer. You can move contacts and message history, photos and videos, and mail accounts and calendars. Some of your apps will download automatically on your iPhone if they’re free and available in your region on both Google Play and the App Store.
- After you’ve made your selections tap Next. Now, wait for the loading bar on your iPhone to finish, then tap Done on your Android device.
Switching from Android to iPhone can take a little time, depending on how much content you’re moving. Now tap Continue Setting Up iPhone on your iPhone, and follow the onscreen steps to finish that up.
Once it’s complete, check to see that the data transfer from Android to iPhone has been done successfully. Music, books, and PDFs will need to be moved over manually. If you want to get any more apps, go to the App Store to download them.
And that’s it! Your attempt to transfer data from Android to iPhone has been completed successfully!
Want to get the most from your new iPhone? Subscribe to this blog and stay updated with new tips and tricks.
Note: Does this article provide the info you’re looking for? Is there any information you think of missing? You can give your opinion in the comments section below.
If you like this tutorial, share this post and spread the knowledge by clicking on the social media options below because “Sharing is caring”