In this tutorial, we will show you how to chat with co-authors in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Multiple people can collaborate on a Word, Excel or PowerPoint document. To initiate the chat, all the co-authors should be working on that document at the same time. This feature comes handy in situations you need assistance from your teammate working on the same project.
What You Need to Do to Chat on MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint
- Your file should be stored on OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Server or SharePoint Online.
- You must have the latest version of office 365 for Windows, Office 365 for Mac or Office for the web.
- You should grant permission to co-authors to access and edit the document.
- To initiate the chat, all the co-authors should be working on that document at the same time.
- You cannot use the chat feature on older versions of Office.
You should meet the above criteria to use the Chat feature in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
Ok. Let start the tutorial.
How to Chat With Co-Authors in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- First of all, open the document and select a co-author from the menu.
2. Now click on Join Group Chat as shown in the picture.
3. A chat box will be opened at the bottom right corner of the screen. Here you can chat and collaborate with the co-authors and discuss the document. The co-author can give you suggestions and can edit the document as well.
So, if you are working on a project and you need the assistance of your teammate, just enable the chat and get live help.
Note: Does this article provide the info you’re looking for? Is there any information you think of missing? You can give your opinion in the comments section below.
If you like this tutorial, share this post and spread the knowledge by clicking on social media options below because “Sharing is caring”